A Peek at my Election Week Plans

Saturday, November 5, 2016
After 9 LOOOONG 5 day weeks in a row, I am so ready for a "short" week. AKA the kids are off on Tuesday and we have PD (that may not seem ideal but I will take what I can get!) We were originally supposed to have off Friday for Veterans Day but now it is a "mold make up" day.  #dontask

This week is all about comparing 3 digit numbers, reviewing adjectives (all of the below adjective activities are free!!) and comparing/contrasting story elements.  I just LOVE when there is a cross over of skills between subjects.  When anyone brings up something we did in math while I am teaching science, I go a little crazy from excitement! Connecting learning is what it is all about!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ohhYSRtebgTXJPbzBmU0poV2c

Truth: I do not even want to bring up the election in my classroom.  Yes, they are still sweet, innocent 2nd graders but man do they regurgitate the things they hear with preciseness (even if they have no clue what it actually means)!  So originally, like 10 months ago, this week would've been planned much differently.  Instead, we will read a close reading passage whole group.  I wrote it to focus more on the process and less on the political candidates.  Hoping that cuts down on any unnecessary drama. *crosses fingers*

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ohhYSRtebgTXJPbzBmU0poV2c

If you would like to read more about the block of time which is WIN/Guided Reading and Reading Centers, check out my post here. 

In Social Studies, we are studying communities and I cannot wait to use some new S.S. materials because we are without any curriculum resources! That communities unit has EVERYTHING you need plus more!!! The centers will be a great review for assessments.

     And I couldn't make visual plans without setting unreasonable anchor chart expectations for myself.  In all honesty, I am lucky if I make 1/2 of what I set out to do.  #goalsetter

You can click here or on any of the above pictures to access the free Google Doc Download of these plans.  Once you download and save, you can click on the pictures to find the resource.  If you have any questions about my plans, leave a comment and I will get back to you : )

Happy Teaching!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top