My First Day Plans

Thursday, July 21, 2016
I know many of you are gearing up for back to school night or meet the teacher and even the first day! Here in Pennsylvania, we always start later in August.  Although, it seems to be creeping up earlier and earlier!

My first day with students is August 22nd.  But I have been thinking about it for the past few weeks.  So I made some plans I figured I would share.  I will probably change things up over the next month or even five minutes before the bell rings.  I am more of a "prep for a week" then pick and choose as I go kinda girl.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/First-Day-of-School-Plans-2658889
As you can see, I am not going to dive into procedures right away.  I don't like to teach procedures for a long period of time because I know the kids will check out if I am boring for too long. So I went with a book and some getting to know you activities sprinkled with routines and expectations. 

I actually have some ideas for making teaching procedures more fun but those are still in the works.  How do you make it more engaging?

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/First-Day-of-School-Plans-2658889
The final activity on my plans is seriously my favorite.  It gets students up and moving around the room which we all know they need. And it is fun.  And you can do it for just a few minutes or for longer which I love.  I usually spread it over a few days. 

Find my downloadable plans here----> First Day Plans
Once you download, the links you see above will be clickable so you can get all these great resources.

What is your favorite first day activity?

I might be back with the rest of my week plans, or I might not.  We will see how the rest of this month goes ; )



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top