Monday Made It: My First MMI!

Monday, July 18, 2016
I am linking up for the first time with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.  I could try to explain why I have never Made It to a Monday Made It linky but I will spare you my weak excuses!

This is my first summer ever that I will be returning back to the same place I ended the school year! And, oh, what a feeling it is!  I am so excited to know my space and make it even more my own this year. 
One thing I wanted to do all of last year but couldn't get it together enough to accomplish was get rid of my teacher desk.  I cleaned it out on the last day of school and stuck a sticky note on it to move it out! Since I haven't been back in my room since, I am crossing my fingers that it has magically gone away.  And now I am preparing for life without it with these two extremely unoriginal storage ideas.
First up is the Teacher Tool Box everyone and their brother is making. #bandwagon
I bought this pink one off of Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Pink-Box-PB12SPB-Drawer/dp/B00FAMK6XY/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1468201572&sr=8-19&keywords=pink+toolbox

Since it is kind of a different size than the ones I have been seeing on Instagram and Pinterest, I decided just to go ahead and make my own labels so I would be sure they fit.


What I am most excited about is being able to have my kids go get something when I need it! Before, I had drawers that were unkept and junky.  I would not trust just any kid to go retrieve a binder clip in fear they might get poked with a safety pin.  This way, everything has a spot (except for safety pins now that I think about it...)

Next up was converting a set of plastic drawers I have had as clothing storage for way longer than any grown adult should.  Instead of going out and buying all new stuff for my classroom, I tried to find things I could get rid of and organize upgrade in my house instead.  So this plastic drawer unit came out of the closet and I found new homes for most of the items within it.

It is kind of hard to tell what the labels say in these pictures because I chose to put them on the inside of the drawers but the top is "needs to be copied" then "needs to be graded". Followed by Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.

Then the bottom is FILE which needed a big drawer because I am usually super behind on that!

I am going to be honest, this picture is a lie.  It turned out pretty uneven, blotchy and all around sloppy looking. I am a very impatient spray painter.  I left it out in the rain.  I ran out of paint and refused to go buy more. But you know what? It will still get the job done!
This next one is a little bit of a stretch for "made it".  I went to the TpT conference in Orlando this past week and I made some awesome memories with great friends : )
from L to R
Becky from The Class Couple
Lauren from Teaching in Stripes
Cait from Cait's Cool School
Alleah Maree
Lastly, in preparation for back to school, I made a somewhat detailed schedule of my day.  I broke down each subject and laid out how I would like the block of time to go.  I put these in my teacher binder to help with lesson planning!  And of course, I had to make pretty colors : )

Well, that's all I've got for today.  I can't wait to see what others have made.  Do you have any projects you still want to get done before school? I'd love to hear about them!






14 comments:

Julie Sawyer said...

I love seeing ideas for organization.

Julie
Math is Elementary

Doris Young said...

Love your teacher tool box labels!! Bright and colorful..well done!

The Teaching Oasis said...

Love how your lil pink box turned out, it'd be perfect for a smaller area of a classroom such as my reading group area. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon Kirby said...

I LOVE your labels and colors for your plastic drawers.
Shannon
SweetestSecondsinaDay

Tara said...

I haven't used a teacher desk in years! My actual teacher desk is my technology station...my desktop, ELMO, and projector are there. I use my small group reading table as my "desk". Love it:) Your little teacher toolbox turned out so cute! So excited you linked up and hope to see you back!!!

Vicky Burrows said...

I really like the size of your teacher toolbox. It turned out great.
-Fairway to Fourth Grade

Kandi said...

I really like the organization for your teaching blocks! What a great idea!

PJimison said...

I love your choice of colors! Very pretty! Have a great week! Pam from PJ Jots

Treetop Creations said...

I love the size of your teacher toolbox. Thanks for sharing the link!

ithappenedin3rd said...

Your supply toolbox is super cute and the perfect size...love it!

Liz said...

I have the same pink teacher tool box except I turned it purple this year because purple is my favorite color.

Erika Bell said...

Would you be willing to share the labels you made? Too cute!

Caitlin Veise said...

Love your labels! Super cute :) and so glad our adventure made it into your post!
Caitlin
Cait's Cool School

Stuck In The Middle said...

I love your teacher toolbox and the labels that go with it! Very cute!

Kimberly
Stuck In The Middle

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top