March 5th Five for Friday

Saturday, March 5, 2016
March is already off to a fabulous start.  Was it just me or were the last two months kinda rough?
I am glad to see my FAVORITE month is here and I am super excited for all the FUN it will bring! Let's recap the week!!
 
Link up with Doodlebugs

 
 
I have to start with the most important thing first.  My baby boy turned 6 months on Leap Day! {I *might* have freaked out a little when I realized his half birthday will only be once every four years--ha!} We are LOVING the 6 month stage.  He sits up and plays on his own {sometimes for up to 20 minutes!!!}.  He loves eating, laughing and sleeping (thank goodness!) Only 12 more weeks until I get to spend all day everyday with him and I.CANNOT.WAIT!
 

 
For the first time all school year, my class completed a craftivity AND I got it up on the bulletin board before the holiday.... #winning  You can find it here in The Bubbly Blonde Teacher's store
 
I *originally* planned to use this as one of my rotations for guided math in my observation lesson BUT plans changed and the observation got pushed back to the end of March.  #wompwomp Regardless, we did it (it was too cute not to) and now it will be up there looking festive until May ALL month : )
 

 
 
Up until a few weeks ago, we had a Star of the Week perform or pick people to do all of the jobs in our classroom.  Since everyone got a turn, I decided it was time to switch things up. So we had a job fair and applied for positions. 
 
 
 
It has been SO nice turning over some of the classroom chores to my students.  I would definitely try this earlier in the year next year, but not too early.  ; )
 

 
Does your school do Junior Achievement? My students had it for the second time this week and it was such a fun, hands on experience to learn about producing a quality product.  The instructor/volunteer discussed the differences between goods and services and used me as an example.  One of my student said "Mrs. Stahl provides a good because some things that she teaches touch our brains." I definitely LOLed at that one.  Anyway, here they are trying to "make donuts" with punch out paper donuts, stickers and crayons.  It made me realize I need to incorporate even more group problem solving in my lessons.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1116490699Shamrock St Patricks Day Shirts. Women's St. Patricks Day Shirt. Glitter Shamrock womens raglan
 
Are you getting ready for St. Patrick's Day? I have to say it is one of my favorite holidays.  My maiden name is Fitzpatrick so I am a true Irish girl at heart AND my birthday is two days before : )  I bought the above shirt from Etsy and I am prepping some printables below.  They are a *FOREVER FREEBIE* in my store. 
 
My students are also working hard on Leprechaun traps and I have some boxes of Lucky Charms sitting around waiting to be used creatively-ha!.  There are SO many surprises and fun activities in store.  Maybe I will be back next week to share? {you have a better chance of catching a leprechaun ; ) } If I don't make it back, you should follow me on IG because I DO manage to post there often.
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Freebie-St-Patricks-Day-Math-Printables-2nd-grade-1740015

I leave you wish an Irish blessing : ) Happy March All!
Digital Designs Scrapbooking: Saint Patrick's Day Irish Blessing: 


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top