Reflections

Monday, December 21, 2015


Tomorrow is the LAST DAY of school before Christmas break.  And although I may not have 3 weeks off like some people {cough, cough, Teeny}...the anticipation of 12 days off has provided me just enough energy to reflect on the past year.  Link up here, here or here!!
 
{one}
We started the year by announcing that our family was going to be growing by ONE!
 
{two}
Shortly thereafter, we made another announcement:
 
{three}
We spent Easter with my Georgia Family.  Our trip was full of beautiful weather, lots of good food AND an improv comedy show.
 

 
{four}
I spent the rest of April and May traveling all over PA to administer PSSAs (zZzZ) and graduate our kindergarteners.  Life as a Cyber School Kinder teacher was definitely different but the experience was worth it!
 
{five}
Despite not being able to attend TPT Vegas, I still managed to find my tribe.  I got together with these AMAZING women a few times over the summer and cannot wait to reunite in a week : )
Lauren : Teaching in Stripes
Caitlin : Cait's Cool School
Becky : The Literary Maven
Becky : The Class Couple
Kelli : Kelli Alaina
 
{six}
My amazing mom threw a beautiful baby shower complete with everything nautical. 
 
 
{seven}
I worked ALL summer--grad classes, baby prep AND I wrote lesson plans which were published on Education.com.  I knew I had to get it all in before baby boy's arrival!
 
 
 
{eight}
With the encouragement of my tribe, I interviewed for a teaching job while 8 months pregnant.  After interviewing for countless jobs without a human growing inside of me, I was SURE interviewers would take one look at my belly and politely decline (even though I know it is technically illegal to do so).  Well, guess what?! They didn't!! And I was hired for my very first contract position as a 2nd grade teacher! What a whirlwind!!
My classroom on the first day while kids were at special.
 
{nine}
SURPRISE!! Harrison was born the weekend after the first week of school.
 
{ten}
Enjoying life as a family of three : )  We spent Thanksgiving with both sides of our family and cannot wait to celebrate the holidays with our sweet boy!
 
{eleven}
A baby and a new job were obviously the most exciting aspects of my 2015.  BUT I also made a promise to myself that no matter what I would go to the next TPT conference and I am proud to say my hotel IS BOOKED!!! I couldn't be more pumped for July 2016 :)
teachers pay teachers
 
See you there?!
 
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
 
 
 


6 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

Such a fabulous year!! Harrison is so cute! Thanks for linking up with us :)

Everyone deServes to Learn said...

You have had a whirlwind year! I hope we can meet up someday!

-Maria

Kristin said...

Love the way you called me out on my 3 week break -- Haha!!!
And your baby is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a year for you!

Teaching Minds Reaching Hearts said...

Love your blog! Congrats on your new addition to the family, congrats on the new job, congrats on published lesson plans - Congrats all around!! What a memorable year!

Best wishes in 2016!
Hannah

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

What a great year for you! So exciting :)

JanCT said...

You've had a VERY exciting 2015, and I'm sure watching Harrison grow and change will make 2016 very exciting as well! Happy New Year.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top