In the thick

Saturday, November 7, 2015
New mom.  New teacher.  New wife (2 years is still new, right?). 
It has turned me into a new person, there is no doubt.
 
I don't know about you, but some days, trying to keep my head above water is my main goal. 
 
Not losing myself in baby's cries, sleepless nights,
lesson plans that don't go right,
grocery lists that get forgotten,
food stash in the deep freezer went rotten,
home project's lasted three times too long,
kids keep picking 'Whip Nay Nay' as their GoNoodle song,
the spiders on my door've been up too long,


 
dinners that we've ordered in,
forgetting to meal plan again,
haven't vacuumed for a week while,
maternity clothes going out of style, 
my #Instagramstyle is far from chic,
bank account is looking weak,
Daylight's Savings got me out of whack,
Christmas breathing down my back,
Pinterest-worthy presents--that's a joke,
Amazon Prime's making me broke,
in the thick of it all I have to believe, it will all work out and I have to...
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

The Sassy School Teacher said...

Girl...you got this! I'm going to be calling on you for Substitute/new mom/teacher advice!

Jennifer Reynolds said...

I am write there with you in all of the above--except the crying infant. My daughter was colicky for 9 months though....and I remember those sleepless nights. She is a delightful 24-year-old now though! Stay strong! And know that I am tired of "Whip Nay Nay" as well!
-Jennifer
Stories and Songs in Second

Everyone deServes to Learn said...

Definitely just breathe. Everyone is getting handprint ornaments for Christmas, whether they like it or not!

Lauren @ Teaching in Stripes said...

I am with you 100% on this. My kids are finally sleeping, but the rest. Yes. I just keep stress shoveling candy in my mouth. That creates another problem. 😁 Let's just breathe together.

Your rhyme is awesome, though. I loved it.

Chrissie Rissmiller said...

Oh my gosh, you took the words right out of my mouth! So funny that I just wrote a post this week about kicking hard to keep my head above water! There is just no way that I could have done TPT and managed a blog when my kids were babies. It is hard enough juggling teaching and motherhood. Hang in there girl! Let the dust build up and the spiders hang. ;-) Chrissie (AKA Undercover Classroom)

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top