Currently: October

Thursday, October 1, 2015
Currently is one of my favorite linky parties.  I have missed it the last few months but am definitely going to turn that around! Link up over at Farley's Blog: Oh Boy It's Fourth Grade

Oh' Boy 4th Grade


Listening:  My husband is doing such a great job helping out with baby duties.  This staying at home thing is more challenging than I anticipated.  He always takes the baby right away when he gets home.  We tag team putting him to sleep.  Then he makes him a bottle and changes him in the morning.  I don't know how people do it alone!!
 {how sweet are they?!}
Loving: I could complain that I have to go back to work after just 6 weeks of maternity leave BUT I am unbelievably thankful that I have an awesome job to return to--my DREAM job that I have waited SO long for.  I still can't really believe I am a 2nd grade teacher (or the fact I was hired 8 months preggers!!)

Thinking: I am the mom of a 1 month old! And I am not going to say "I can't believe it, it went by so fast." because honestly, it didn't.  It was a LONG, busy, tiring month.  Everything they say about being a parent is TRUE.  In the words of Wanda Sykes "Kids--they a lot of work, but they worth it."


Wanting: I am thinking of planning some pampering before returning to work so I don't feel like such a slob.  Seriously, I have worn nothing but pajamas or yoga pants for what feels like the past year.  Okay so it's been 5 weeks but really, I need to get my act together!
Needing: Since the only 5 days I was in school so far this year I was the size of an Orca whale, I am in desperate need of some new threads for when I return in 11 days.  I have been perusing Pinterest like crazy getting outfit ideas and putting together a shopping list.  Here are two of my favs:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/228557749816754459/https://www.pinterest.com/pin/228557749816754459/

Boo-tiful: Nights out are now few and far between.  We were lucky to be able to celebrate our anniversary last weekend without baby.  Just a few hours out alone makes such a big difference!! Getting to leave the house for something other than a diaper run or dr. appt. is ah-maz-ing.  We are blessed with awesome grandparents to our little boy : )

Baby overload, I know #sorrynotsorry

Happy October : )


11 comments:

Amy S said...

What a sweetie you have! He is adorable! And your chart is so detailed. You will be so happy you have these photos.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! I totally understand not wanting to go back after maternity leave. You hare so lucky to have such a great partner in your husband. Oh and complain away girlfriend! Six weeks isn't enough!

Victoria Moller
Teach With a Smile

Katie Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Texas said...

BABIES!! I wish I could insert a baby emoji right here!!

Love the baby board!! Do you do a baby book as well? My boys are 15 and 12 and way back then (lol) baby books were where it was at! Haha

Carrie Ogulnick said...

Oh my your little guy is sooo cute! I just LOVE the monthly sign. Since I had my boys back in the stone age there was nothing like that around. I know how exhausting this mom thing can be but, in a flash they will be teenagers and never around. Enjoy it while you can :)

Carrie

ithappenedin3rd said...

Love the sign, and what a precious little guy! Hope you find some great fall outfits :)

Jennifer Griffin said...

Oh my goodness your family is absolutely precious!! It is awesome that your husband is so helpful. I can't imagine having to do it all on your own.

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love this!! I'll have to link up! What a handsome little man. Love his sign and all your sweet pics! Cute fall looks, too. Good luck back at work!

Teaching Autism said...

Love your little chalkboard next to your baby, how cute is that with the details on!? Glad you have been able to get your dream job - it definitely sounds it, because of how excited you seem about going back :) I love looking on pinterest for outfit ideas and those two are definitely super cute!

Teaching Autism

Adventures of a Techie Bookworm said...

You deserve a spa day! I love your adorable pictures.

Lynnea from Adventures of a Techie Bookworm

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top