Five for Friday: Labor Day Weekend

Friday, September 4, 2015

EEK! It has been so long since I have linked up for F4F.  I am hoping to do it much more this school year with actual school-related things.  But since I am currently on maternity leave, it will be a modge podge of school AND baby stuff ; ) 
So....I had a baby!!! 6 days ago, to be exact.  He is THE BEST. Seriously pinching myself for how lucky we are.  He has been getting up only once at night.  He sleeps so soundly and only cries when we change his clothes or diaper.  We are IN LOVE! Did I mention he is absolutely adorable!?

Harrison James  7 lbs. 4 oz.  20.5 inches born on 8-29-15


Love seeing my boys cuddling : ) Hubs has been home all week with me and it has been ah-maz-ing.  I am going to be so sad when he goes back to work : (


Loves being all snuggled up!! He has been letting us sleep for 4-5 hour stretches at night!


Obsessed with his hands!


Before baby, I started and completed a full week of 2nd grade : )  It was SO nice to get some time in with my new kiddos even if I was exhausted being 9 months pregnant (Thanks goodness for AC!!)
A few classroom pics.  The room isn't quite done.

Before/After
Before/After




While at the hospital Sunday, my phone was blowing up with texts, of course, wondering about Harrison.  But then I stopped to check my TPT email and realized I had a product featured in the newsletter!! It was a double whammy of excitement : )

I have even found the time to work on the Growing Bundle of Holiday Close Reads which is at its lowest price right now $5.00.  As soon as I add the next, the price will go up so get it now!!

Next up is Columbus Day which should be done by today if baby keeps sleeping : )


While in school last week, we did a lot of fun things.  This was a super simple activity that kept the kiddos engaged for quite a while which I was ALL ABOUT since I took any chance to rest my aching, swollen feet.  (I may or may not have been rolling around in my chair all day). We read "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" and they drew a picture from their summer on puzzle paper.  Then, they cut it out and swapped with a partner who had to put it together.  Once it was complete, they told their partner about their picture.  Simple, easy, time-consuming ; )
This could totally be adapted to "draw about your weekend" or "your holiday break" or "what you ate for breakfast" ; )
  If you'd like to do it, click the pic below for a free copy of the puzzle paper

One other favorite activity was an intro to our math tools.  I picked out 5: geoboards, base 10 blocks, unifix cubes, dominoes and two-sided counters.  I let each group have 3-5 minutes to explore then we switched.  At the end, we talked about each one. 




And of course we had to review expectations and rules.  I used a cut and paste from "What's in Your  Math Toolbox?" pack.



Overall, it has been the most exciting, rewarding, eventful two weeks of my life!! 

Can't wait to read about your week : )




3 comments:

angie said...

CONGRATS on a new baby!! He is adorable! Enjoy your time home with him and try not to think about work! Easier said then done I know!

One Step Closer Teaching said...

Oh my goodness! I'm amazed that you are blogging with a 6 day old! WOW! And he is so handsome - congratulations! Enjoy your time at home with him - it is such a blessing! And wow - being featured in the newsletter! What a blessing! Congratulations! What an amazing week for you!

Ashley
One Step Closer Teaching

The Sassy School Teacher said...

Congratulations on the new baby!! How exciting!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top