Back to School: 2nd Grade Freebie Favorites

Sunday, July 26, 2015
Hey girl, hey!! (or boy ; )

I am here today to share with you my favorite BTS resources.  I started the last 3 school years in 2nd grade.  Mind you, it was three different schools and I was subbing for 3 different teachers.  But that's neither here nor there, this is what I learned in those 3 years and what worked for me!

Let's start off with the end of the day. Because we all know THE most important part of the first day is getting those kiddos home to the right place!

While I didn't use these exact bracelets, per say, I always had a color system of some sort.  So this year I decided to create these to help out with the process.

These are now a *freebie* in my store! 


Maybe your a transportation expert and don't need these bracelets.  But, come on, you surely need some type of arm wear.  I used Read with Me ABC's adorable message bracelets last year.
Message Bracelets for the First Day of School

Yes, they are cute but they are also setting the tone for the school year and a great first positive communication with parents!

We all know that routines and procedures are the PB and Jelly in the behavior management sandwich.  Don't miss anything with this thorough list of procedures by Rachel Lynette.  I keep it handy for the first few weeks and make notes about stuff we will need to review more than once!
Classroom Procedures

With procedures and routines come rules.  Now I may not have read the Whole Brain Teaching book but I still LOVE the rules.  I love repeating them *almost* daily.  And I LOVE these free posters : )

Whole Brain Teaching Rules Posters FREEBIE! {Chalkboard Theme}

Next up--gotta have some stuff to keep them busy engaged and learning.  Let's face it, there's a lot of mumbo jumbo going on before you can dive into teaching place value {which is what I feel I did for about the first two months of school straight}.

Here's some great free printables! {click on the pics to take you to download}
First Day Back Mini Activity Pack

First Day of School {FREEBIE}

Back to School ABC Order Cut and Paste Printable---FREEBIE

Back to School NO PREP FREEBIES!


Can't forget about that first day of whatever grade pic!
Humpf.  I can't seem to find where I found this exact one.  If you know, please tell me!

FREE 15,000 Follower Gift - First & Last Day of School Pho

Here's an alternative by Jen Jones.

Last but not least, I actually had my kids do real work on the first (or was it the second?) day of school. I kinda, sorta, maybe impressed my colleagues who said "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WERE SO AMBITIOUS TO HAVE THEM WRITE!"  And you may be thinking "That's not that ambitious" but we had a very challenging group of kiddos last year.

Anywho, we made these!!
Back to School Craftivity Bucket

Alright, I think that is about it for me!  I have a TON of new freebies on my to use list so maybe I'll be back to share what I actually end up using after the BTS craziness dies down.  But in reality I will wait until next year at BTS time because who wants to read that post in late September early November?



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top