OoooH! It's October

Wednesday, October 1, 2014
I don't have to explain to you that September was rough.  When I say rough, I mean that in the best way possible.  An absolute whirlwind.  I am welcoming October with open arms and an open heart. (Oh jeez, I sound like Jane Seymour from the Kay Jeweler's commercial.)

I may not post consistently but I am all about one thing every month and that is linkin' up with
Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade
Because every month deserves it's own little BIG celebration!
Oh' Boy 4th Grade
 
 
1) Bravo could be the only channel on TV and that would be a-o-k with me! The hubs, not so much.  So while he is away I am getting my fill.
 
 I love me some Housewives and all of the other wonderful reality show concepts they come up with {I may have watched 5 episodes of Below Deck last night}. 
 
Currently,(see what I did there?) they don't have multiple housewives going on at once because Andy Cohen must know us teachers have been really busy with school and don't have near as much time to keep up with 3 cities at once like we did this summer (or is that just me?)

2)  Wow.  This is huge! I started my store one year ago and I am so so so so grateful for what TPT has provided for my life.  Not just financially, but as an outlet for creativity and the support of a wonderful community.  Nuff said.  GIVEAWAY to CELEBRATE! Win my All Things Autumn: Print and Go Math.  I will give away 4 since I am at 104 followers and there is a 4 in the ones place. (Anyone else been teaching place value non-stop?!)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-Things-Autumn-Fall-Themed-Math-Print-and-Go-Worksheets-No-Prep-1403905
 
 
 
 
3) Self explanatory.  Do you get a Fall break?
Actually, don't even answer that or I won't like you anymore.
(just kidding)
 
4) I never want to go to the movies.  I always prefer waiting for it to come out On Demand and watching it in my pajamas at home on my couch {with wine}. 
But I do have the urge to go see Annabelle. Why? You ask.
 I kind of have a thing about scary dolls.  Child's Play was the first scary movie I ever saw when I was wayyy too young to see it and it scarred me for life.  So why not put an end to the Chucky fear and replace it with Annabelle? Yep, that sounds good!
 
5) Story of my life: always waiting for some news.  Where will I go next? What will I teach? If you have the answers to these questions, I'd love to know ; )
(and I won't even be mad if you get a Fall break!)
 
Here's a TREAT for you : ) Just click the pic to go to my FB page for a freebie : )
www.facebook.com/thesassysub
 
 
Happy October, all!
 


11 comments:

Learning in Wonderland said...

I love watching Bravo and HGTV and my husband hates it! So I try watching while he is at work or asleep :) When do you start your school year? I'm going on break after next week but we started in the first week of August in 110+ degree temps :(

Congrats on reaching 100+ followers!! I am so grateful for TpT every day of my life. The support from teachers across the world has really inspired me! I love how you are giving away 4 because it's in the one's place ;)

Thriving in 3rd said...

Congratulations on your 100 followers! :) Place value is my least favorite to teach! Hmph! I would LOVE to have a fall break. I mentioned wanting to have a balanced calendar in the lounge the other day and I got the death stare! But a sub, who is a retired teacher, was totally on my side and tried to explain to others what that actually meant, ha!

LindseyThriving in 3rd
L. Paull Designs for All

Rainbow Lily Designs said...

Congrats on 100 followers on TPT. That's amazing. I can't wait till I reach 100 followers.

And, I agree, movies are so much better when you can watch them in your pj's and in the comfort of your own home :)

Have a great week,
Rainbow Lily
Rainbow Lily Designs

Sheri Ryan said...

100 followers congrats. Sharing your creativity through a blog and TPT is so rewarding.
PJs and a movie sounds perfect to me as well :)
Sheri

Ms. W said...

Bravo TV is the BEST!!!! I wish Don't be Tardy was a little longer; it's over already :/ I wish we had a fall break too...I could really use that right now. Have a great weekend!!
Stephanie
Tales of Teaching in Heels

oh' boy said...

YAY for 100 followers... that is AWESOME!!!

and I LOVE MY BRAVO TV... I loved your saying!!! You need to put that on a shirt!!!

OH and yay for being number 1!!!

Princess Netherly said...

I love me some Bravo too! Congrats on reaching 100 followers!
Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

Alison Hislop said...

Congratulations on 100 followers! You will have a few more now! I know what you mean by watching shows when the hubby is away! I love watching Ellen - although he is starting to come around!

Alison
Teaching Maths with Meaning

Lindsay Oles said...

Your fall themed math packet looks great!

Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…there is a fall themed TREAT!

Lindsay

If You Give a Teacher a Treat

Leslie said...

I want to see the Annabelle movie, too! My sister and I are both old enough to know better, however nothing beats a scary movie... except, maybe a fall break! :)

Paige said...

I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award. I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog - everything you create looks awesome! Check out the nomination by clicking here!

Paige

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top