Who?!

Monday, August 18, 2014




I am going to do this whole thing Five for Friday Style.  
Because I like lists and numbers and keeping it all organized.

 
I am a substitute hence my title.  Before that I taught preschool.  In my opinion, preschool teachers don't get enough credit.  I was responsible for TEN 3-5 year olds all.by.myself.  Everyday, 9 hours a day, wiping snotty noses, kissing boo boos, vacuuming up crushed Goldfish crackers, preparing snacks and meals, getting out nap mats, rubbing backs until they fell asleep, changing little ones who had accidents during nap, waking them all up, making another snack... {how did I ever find time to actually teach?}
 I enjoyed it but it was EXHAUSTING!!

One day at nap time, one of my 3 year olds stuck her hands in her poopy diaper and smeared it all over her nap mat.  That's when I realized it was time for a new job. 

Then I started subbing.  It has been over two years now. I have had FIVE long term jobs--mostly in 2nd grade and in the same school district.   



I have spent the summer interviewing.  I just had my 7th interview this morning.  And school starts a week from today.
So I have been sitting. waiting. wishing. and I STILL have no news to report.

But you know what they say...no news means principals are still interviewing and making decisions and I have to just wait some more and maybe be back tomorrow with news.  Someone said that once right?


 
My husband and I closed on a house, moved in and got married last September.  Did I mention that all happened within 9 days?  It was a crazy month--year--for that matter.  When I look back, I still can't believe all of it actually happened.

My husband and I met working at an Italian restaurant--the most delicious Italian restaurant ever if you ask us.  We were both servers and at first I thought I might have a crush on him because he was the only English speaking male who worked there.  But it turns out, that wasn't the only reason.  We never ever get tired of being together which we realized when we worked AND lived together.  Now we just live together.  He is a foreman for a landscaping company.  He loves to mow grass and he is always tan. Oh and he rocks that bald head.  My mother says the week before we met that I actually declared "I will never date a bald guy or a guy who drives a Chevy." Guess what? J drove a huge, white Chevy Caprice ; )




I am an only child.  Yes, I was kind of spoiled.  But I still know how to share and get along with others.  I think I actually have always gotten along better with adults than kids.  Obviously, I still love kids.  I like being in charge, though : )
My parents are THE BEST!  They will celebrate 35 years of marriage this year!!
They are not just my parents, but my best friends too.  

{In the background are my in-laws.  I really love them, too! J's dad is a pastor and married us.  It was super special.  I am very lucky to have gained a whole other family who I love so much!}

 

Random but I have never eaten a fast food hamburger.  Don't get me wrong, I have eaten a hamburger.  Just not from a fast food restaurant.  That is all.


 
TPT is not my first entrepreneurial gig.  In college, I sold grilled cheese sandwiches to the late night, party crowd for $1 a piece on the weekends.  It was SO much fun and I met a ton of people in my apartment building.  Once I was even featured in our building's newsletter.  Here is a horrible picture of me making grilled cheese.

Well I hope you learned something new about me today.  I am going to go read as many other blogger's posts as I possibly can while I still have all this free time before school starts ; )



4 comments:

Allie Bond said...

I know how tough it is job hunting. I am in the exact same boat as you! Praying for both of us. Love your blog design.

Allie
http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Kudos to you for being a preschool teacher! I used to sub at the one at my church and I know how stressful and chaotic it can be - made my firsties look like mature adults! Fingers crossed for you and any job opportunities that may come your way :)

Paige
Paiges of Learning

Kristin said...

I laughed out loud at your grilled cheese story. Seriously?! Ha! Good luck with the job hunt. What's meant to be will find a way!

Kristin
My Carolina Classroom

Brittany Weidlich said...

OMG. I think I would die if I had a kiddo poop themselves and rub it on their nap mat!!! I can handle kinders but I def. don't do the whole change pants and bathroom accident things. Good luck on getting a call back :)

Brittany
Lovely Literacy & More

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top