Eeek!! A Peek at my Week!

Sunday, August 24, 2014
Tomorrow is a milestone for me.  While this may be my 3rd start to the school year as a teacher, it is my first one all.by.my.self.  Two years ago, I subbed in a random class on day 1.  Last year, I was working with the teacher I was about to long term substitute for.  Tomorrow, it will just be me!!

I am going a little crazy right now.  So what did I decide to do? Put all my time into making some visual plans.  That's right.  I don't really know what I am thinking.  But I already wrote an overview of plans for the week, and a detailed down-to-the-minute set of plans for tomorrow so I thought, hey why not do a pretty one with color and pictures?!  I somehow squeezed this is into a day with a birthday lunch with my husband's side of the fam AND his fantasy football draft party.

So I am linkin' up with Deedee Wills to share them with you.
http://www.mrswillskindergarten.com/2014/08/peek-at-my-week-and-classroom-tour.html


Now that I finished them, I am actually thinking they will be helpful.  If they are, I have no problem with making them again.  If they are not, this will probably be the last time I ever do this {ha!}

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ohhYSRtebgU04zdUJQSGtYQWs/edit?usp=sharing
All of the resources are clickable if you download them from googledocs. Just click the picture and it will take you there.  I have included a mixture of paid and free products.  AND I am excited to say I included a mixture of amazing, talented, teachers/TPT creator products
PLUS some of my own creations : )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ohhYSRtebgU04zdUJQSGtYQWs/edit?usp=sharing
I am planning on starting my week with lots of rules, expectations, products, modeling, practicing, more reviewing and more practicing.  I am thinking we will NOT get to everything I have planned but it's there just in case.

 I wanted to DIVE right into Science for 2 reasons:
  • 1-I am a self-admitted non-scientific-y person.  I wish I were but I much prefer math and L.A.  which makes me put Science on the back burner big time and I don't want to do that because it is unfair to those kiddos who love it and
  •  2-That time at the end of the day can DRAG if we are not engaged and having fun.  I strategically placed our parachute investigation on Friday afternoon because I know from past experiences it can tend to get them all wound up and I will be happy to wave them "Goodbye" for a three day weekend after that goes down.
There ya go! Wish me luck.  If tomorrow is your first day, too, I hope you have a wonderful day : )


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top