Offically Summer Five for Fraturday!

Saturday, June 21, 2014
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
Oh hello! Time for my FAVORITE weekly linky party! The last one of the month...wait no. There is still one more Friday.  But seriously, where has June gone?  Always nice to stop and reflect on what is going on!  You should, too. {Click here}

 
Happy Father's Day AND birthday to this guy!  I didn't get to see him or spend time with him last weekend because he was with my hubby down in NC for the US Open.  So, instead, we are doing a combined Father's Day/Birthday dinner tonight at our house!  This was a TOUGH year for my dad and my family.  Both of my grandmother's died and my dad was seriously ill just two short months ago.  I am happy to report he is doing MUCH better but it was very scary and I am so thankful he made it through and is getting stronger each day.  I love you, Dad!
 
 

Ohhh Summer School.  Here is an awfully blurry picture of an anchor chart I made this week. We also did a freebie comma scoot I found here by Fourth and Ten Teaching Products 
 
I also used this context clues powerpoint.  Simple, not fancy, but FULL of information, explanations and examples.  One of my students said "You are different than our other teachers, you talk to us and do stuff like this."  I think that was middle school talk for "you actually teach us".
Made my teacher heart smile : )
 
Today is the official first day of summer, which I am sure you are all aware of.  But it is also my mother-in-law's birthday. Here is my hubs and her dancing at our wedding.  I just love her, she is the sweetest.  We will celebrate her tomorrow at the restaurant where my hubs and I met!
 
My sneaky poor kitty got outside and didn't come back for FIVE days.  Yes, five.  We thought he was a goner, for sure.  He has gotten out before but always comes back within a day so you can imagine our surprise when he showed up on Friday after being gone since Monday.  He looked like this:
So needless to say I took him to the vet.  He got a rabies and antibiotic shot.  He really doesn't always have a cranky, angry face like that but can you blame him?  Here's what he normally looks like.  Happy and content.
I woke up today to an email from TPT saying I sold a product.  WHAT?  I guess other people are still thinking about school, like me! It is my biggest product to date.  And more packs are soon to be added.  Comment first and I will send it to you! {Leave your email}
 
 
 
 
Happy summer, all!!
 





3 comments:

Pixie Anne said...

Poor old Cat! Mine went missing last year and came back limping with a broken leg. You must have been so relieved to see him!
Growing Little Learners

Nicole Jenkins said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so relieved for you that your cat returned home. Pets are family!

Nicole
Going Places in Fourth Grade

Nicole Jenkins said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so relieved for you that your cat returned home. Pets are family!

Nicole
Going Places in Fourth Grade

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top