Valentine's Day Five for Friday

Friday, February 14, 2014

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
 
Linkin' up with Doodlebugs on this Valentine's Day Friday to recap my week.  Unfortunately, I don't really have any Valentine's Day school things to share.  I am currently blogging while enjoying a two hour delay.  We had off yesterday--another short week due to snow! Our biggest accumulation yet but not as bad as some were predictingI’d say we got 8-9 inches.  Before the snow, I did work 3 FULL consecutive days {this is a big deal as I don’t think I have done that since before Christmas break and I am NOT even exaggerating!!} Regardless of the short week, LOTS happened
 
Monday, I celebrated the 100th day of school at one of my favorite schools in my favorite grade2nd! The day was FULL of fun activities.  Here are a few of the ones I snapped pictures of.


100th day snackhad to improvise because not every item made it to school but luckily we had 10 different ones {multi-colored and regular Goldfish each counted as their own lol} But does it really matter? It was still delicious!
 
 
 

100th day projectsthe whole 2nd grade did this and then we toured other rooms.  I was able to take pics of each kid and print them out so their teacher could see each one!  She loved it!
 
 

100 wordsI had about 6 kiddos get 100.  And about another 6 complain of early stages of Carpal Tunnel from writing so much.  Oh man, poor things : )

Side note: Since I was subbing and didn’t plan these activities I have NO idea where she found these cute printables and I couldn’t find a name on them anywhere!! I am sorry for not giving credit but if you recognize them, please let me know and I will!



Tuesday, when I got home and did my daily website rounds, I got to TPT and saw THIS! 
 
 
My Sochi Unit made it on the Homepage!!! I don’t know how or why this happened but I know I almost peed my pants in excitement! My TPT journey has just begun and I couldn’t be more grateful for the major {to me} successes I’ve experienced thus far! Can’t wait to keep creating and sharing more! It’s added a WHOLE different element to my teaching life and I am just THRILLED! {PS. If anyone knows how this happens, feel free to burst my bubble}


Wednesday, I got an email around lunchtime to call HR at the school district I work for. 

Let’s rewind real quick. SeeI had an interview on Friday.  I didn’t want to share because I felt like I would “jinx” myself.  So I studied and practiced and studied and practiced.  I get to the interview and it was a WHOLE different set of questions.  I quietly panicked.  I felt like I was totally unprepared.  The interview was super quick.  I thought “the principal totally knows I am thrown off by these questions, she doesn’t want to waste her time, I totally blew it.”

Fast forward back to WednesdayI GOT THE JOB! AHH!! I was SO shocked.  {Let me be clear, I am qualified.  I am capable.  I will rock this position.  My weakness is interviewing.  I freeze up and have a really hard time unless I study like I am studying for a test.  I don’t know why that’s just how I get.  So I can STOP worrying about it because clearly my experience showed and it didn’t matter how badly I *thought* I did.}

It is a long term ESL position that travels between two schools.  I am SO ready for this new challenge and experience.  I am ready for stability again.  I am ready for what’s next!!



So many great things in February to celebrate.  I can’t wait to be a fulltime classroom teacher to use all the awesome things out there.  If you cover Dental Health in February or anytime, check out my Dental Health unit.  I will give away TWO to TWO commenters.  Just leave your email : )

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Lets-Talk-About-Teeth-A-Dental-Health-Unit-1062608
 
Last but definitely not least, since it’s Valentine’s Day I have to give a shout out to my hubs.  He is such a strong, hard-working man.  He makes me laugh.  He is my favorite person to hang out with.  I couldn’t have found a better match.  I love you! Here’s to our first Valentine’s Day together as Mr. and Mrs.
 

Have a great weekend!! 

Mrs. Stahl

The Sassy Sub

3 comments:

Michele said...

like your blog!
glassyglen@morrisb.net

Natalies Nook said...

Congratulations on getting the job! You must be so excited!
I love the picture of you and your husband - it's beautiful!
~Natalie
Natalies Nook

Angie Olson said...

Wow, congrats on the job! How exciting! I am a 2nd grade teacher...love 2nd grade! I would also love a chance at winning your dental health unit. aolson@frazee.k12.mn.us
Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top